Last Updated: 06/07/2022 and all information on this page is accurate and up-to-date
Yes, due to the current pandemic and the difficulty of taking the GRE exam, if you apply for admission in 2022, you do not have to submit your GRE scores.
The 2023 admissions determination has not been made yet.
You are more than welcome to upload your test scores to your application. Applications will not be reviewed on one single factor. Application materials will be reviewed as a total package. The online application, statement of purpose, official test scores, transcripts, and letters of recommendation will all be considered. However, if you would like to strengthen your application, we encourage you to submit your GRE test scores.
If you are interested in our program, please apply. Review the admissions requirements.
- If your GRE, TOEFL or IELTS scores are below our suggested minimum scores, you may want to retake the test.
- Applications will not be reviewed on one single factor. Application materials will be reviewed as a total package. The online application, statement of purpose, official test scores, transcripts, letters of recommendation, and research experience will all be considered.
- If you apply to our Ph.D. program from an MS program, we will be pleased to see that you have research experience. You may want to consider submitting a letter of recommendation from a research advisor.
All supplemental documents must be submitted online through the North Carolina State Graduate School Online Application. Upload the Statement of Purpose in the “Personal Statement” section and upload a resume or any additional documents in the “Resume/CV” or the “Other Documents” sections. Do not send hard copy documents to the OR Program or Graduate School.
All supplemental documents must be submitted online through the North Carolina State Graduate School Online
To request to defer, you must email firstname.lastname@example.org and include:
- Your full name
- Your 9-digit NC State Student ID Number
- The program and semester you were admitted to
- The semester you would like to defer to
- A detailed explanation for requesting a deferral. The OR Director and Graduate School must approve your deferral.
OR PRO TIP: You may only request to defer your admission semester for one year (two academic semesters).
Can’t find your answer? Please contact our Program Coordinator Linda Smith | email@example.com | 919.515.2350.