Last Updated: 06/07/2022 and all information on this page is accurate and up-to-date
Parents and Families FAQ
The Office of Parents and Families Services has a wide range of programs and services available to parents. Please visit NC State’s parents’ website for year-round programs and services for NC State families.
The Cashier’s Office sends billing notifications to every student’s university email address. Please have your student check their university email account as often as possible to keep up with any notification.
Also, you may want to have your student grant you parental access to view their financial records through the MyPack Portal.
In the event of an emergency, the Office of Parents and Families Services will send a notification to all parents. Please make sure your most current cell phone number is listed in your records available in MyPack Portal.
In compliance with FERPA, students must initiate and assign parent/guardian access through MyPack Portal, the online student services system. This access gives the parent/guardian the ability to view your student’s information online, which includes transcript and billing information.
To grant parental access in MyPack Portal:
- Log in with your Unity ID and password.
- Go to Student Self Service > Student Center > Parent Access.
- Click the “Add Relationship” button. Then enter the name, email address, and the relationship of the person you want to grant access to your records.
- Click the “Create Parent Access” button, and read and accept the Informed Consent information.
- Indicate which records should be released.
- Select from “Student Account” (billing, payment), “Academic Info” (grades, schedule) and “Directory Info.”
- Enter and re-enter the parent/guardian e-mail address.
- Create a PIN for phone inquiry access and hint for this code.
- Grant your consent by clicking on the Submit button
To access information over the phone: Access transcript information by calling Registration and Records at 919.515.2572.
Financial information is available by calling:
- University Cashier’s Office at 919.515.2986
- Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid at 919.515.242
- Communication Technologies at 919.515.7099, option 1
Can’t find your answer? Please contact our Program Coordinator Linda Smith | email@example.com | 919.515.2350.