Military OR at NC State
Preparing for a career in military operations research?
Learn more about Military Operations Research at NC State
- The Military Operations Research Group at NC State includes US active duty and military veterans from all Services and our allies.
- Students work on a variety of real-world problems. See our recent projects.
- Develop skills in concentrations such as Logistics, Data Science, and Health Care Improvement.
- We understand active duty student timelines and develop individual advising plan to support student success.
NC State proudly welcomes our nation’s veterans and military families
Operations Research (OR) is the use of scientific methodology to study systems whose design or operation require human decision making. OR provides the means for making the most effective decisions about systems design and operation.
- Master of Science MSOR (thesis)
- Masters MOR (non-thesis)
Industrial and Systems Engineering
Industrial and Systems Engineering (ISE) is about figuring out how to do things better. It combines the physical and social sciences together with engineering principles to improve processes and systems. As a result, industrial engineering is the “people person’s” engineering. Industrial engineers improve quality and productivity while at the same time cutting waste like time, materials, money, and energy. This is why many industrial engineers often get promoted into management positions. For the same reason, industrial engineering is an excellent choice for anyone wanting to run their own business.
- Master of Science MSIE (thesis)
- Masters MIE (non-thesis)
- Online Distance Masters MIE (non-thesis)