Industrial and Systems Engineering
- Phone: 919.515.2192
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Office: 4341 Fitts-Woolard Hall
- Website: https://www.ise.ncsu.edu/fuzzy-neural/
Shu-Cherng Fang has been appointed as the University Chair Professor of Tsinghua University (Beijing), Honorary University Professor of Northeast University (Shenyang), Honorary University Professor of Shanghai University (Shanghai), Honorary University Professor of Fudan University (Shanghai), Graduate University Advisory Professor of the Chinese Academy of Sciences (Beijing), Honorary University Chair Professor of the National Chiao Tung University (Taiwan) and Honorary IEEM Chair Professor of the National Tsinghua University (Taiwan). Before joining NC State, Professor Fang was a Senior Member of Research Staff at Western Electric Engineering Research Center, Supervisor at AT&T Bell Labs, and Department Manager at the Corporate Headquarters of AT&T Technologies.
Fang has published over two hundred refereed journal articles. He authored the books of Linear Optimization and Extensions: Theory and Algorithms (Prentice Hall 1993, with S. C. Puthenpura), Entropy Optimization and Mathematical Programming (Kluwer Academic 1997, with J.R. Rajasekera and H.-S. Tsao) and Linear Conic Optimization (Science Press 2013, with Wenxun Xing). He currently serves on the editorial boards of several scientific journals, including Optimization, Journal of Global Optimization, Optimization Letters, Pacific Journal of Optimization, Journal of Management and Industrial Optimization, Annals of Data Science, Systems Engineering – Theory and Practice, Journal of Systems Science and Information, Journal of Operations and Logistics, International Journal of Decision Support Systems, Chinese Journal of Management Science, Journal of Uncertainties, International Journal of Fuzzy Systems, Iranian Journal of Fuzzy Systems, Fuzzy Information and Engineering, OR Transactions and Journal of the Operations Research Society of China. He is also the Editor-in-Chief of Fuzzy Optimization and Decision Making.
Shu-Cherng Fang’s research interest include linear and nonlinear programming, fuzzy optimization and decision making, soft computing and heuristic methods, logistics and supply chain management, telecommunication networks and L1 splines.
|Ph.D.||Doctor of Philosophy in Industrial Engineering and Management Sciences||Northwestern University||1979|
|MS||Master of Science||Johns Hopkins University||1977|
|BS||Bachelor of Science||National Tsing Hua University Taiwan||1974|
Honors and Awards
- 2015 | Fellow, Chinese Institute of Industrial Engineers
- 2007 | Outstanding Alumnus Award – College of Science, National Tsing Hua University, Taiwan, ROC
- 2005 | University Distinguished Graduate Professorship Award, NC State University
- 2002 | Fellow, Institute of Industrial Engineers
- 2001 | R. J. Reynolds Award for Excellency in Teaching, Research, and Extension – NC State University
- 2001 | Jackson Rigney International Service Award – N C State University
- 1988 | University Outstanding Research Award – NC State University
- 1987 | Corporate Special Merit Award – AT&T Corporate Headquarters
- 1986 | Exceptional Contribution Award – AT&T Bell Laboratories
- 1984 | Corporate Technical Achievement Award – AT&T Technologies
Discover more about Shu-Cherng Fang