Textile and Apparel, Technology and Management
- Phone: 919.515.6514
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Office: 3257 Textiles Complex
Kristin A. Thoney-Barletta is a professor in the Department of Textile and Apparel, Technology and Management. She grew up in Elmhurst, Illinois, a suburb of Chicago. Thoney-Barletta received a B.S. in Mathematics in 1994 from Valparaiso University which is located in Indiana. She began her studies at North Carolina State University in August 1994. She graduated in 1997 with an M.S. in Operations Research. Thoney-Barletta received her Ph.D. from NC State University in 2000, co-majoring in Industrial Engineering and Operations Research. She is a member of INFORMS and IIE.
Thoney-Barletta’s research focuses on mathematical modeling, optimization, Logistics – forward and reverse (recycling), production scheduling and inventory control. Specific to the textile industry, she works on textile and apparel supply chain modeling, apparel sourcing and textile and apparel cost competitiveness. Her expertise extends into areas such as military logistics and healthcare improvement.
|PhD||Doctor of Philosophy in Industrial Engineering and Operations Management||NC State University||2000|
|MSOR||Master of Science in Operations Research||NC State University||1997|
|BSIE||Bachelor of Science in Mathematics||Valparaiso University||1994|
- An introduction to a new direct testing method for characterizing pressure in compression fabrics
- Kwon, C., Hegarty, M., Oxenham, W., Thoney-Barletta, K., Grant, E., & Reid, L. (2019), JOURNAL OF THE TEXTILE INSTITUTE, 110(6), 822–831. https://doi.org/10.1080/00405000.2018.1527966
- A Military Logistics Network Planning System
- Rogers, M. B., McConnell, B. M., Hodgson, T. J., Kay, M. G., King, R. E., Parlier, G., & Thoney Barletta, K. (2018), Military Operations Research, 23(4), 5–24. https://doi.org/10.5711/1082598323405
- A military logistic network planning system (MLNPS)
- Rogers, M., McConnell, B., Hodgson, T. J., Kay, M. G., King, R. E., Parlier, G., & Thoney-Barletta, K. A. (2018), Military Operations Research.
- An indirect testing approach for characterizing pressure profiles of compression bandages and hosiery
- Kwon, C., Hegarty, M., Oxenham, W., Thoney-Barletta, K., Grant, E., & Reid, L. (2018), JOURNAL OF THE TEXTILE INSTITUTE, 109(2), 256–267. https://doi.org/10.1080/00405000.2017.1340079
- Logistics of carpet recycling in the US: Designing the collection network
- Sas, I., Joines, J. A., Thoney, K. A., & King, R. E. (2018), Journal of the Textile Institute, 6, 1–10. https://doi.org/10.1080/00405000.2018.1480101
- Apparel sourcing in Sub-Saharan Africa Views from apparel sourcing executives and trade policy representatives
- Adikorley, R. D., Thoney-Barletta, K., Joines, J., & Rothenberg, L. (2017), RESEARCH JOURNAL OF TEXTILE AND APPAREL, 21(3), 203–218. https://doi.org/10.1108/rjta-05-2017-0022
- Using stepwise regression and nonparametric tests to analyze the landed cost competitiveness of producing apparel in different countries
- Adikorley, R., Thoney-Barletta, K. A., Joines, J., & Rothenberg, L. (2017), Proceedings of the Joint Statistical Meetings 2017.
- Forecasting communications technology products with leading economic indicators
- Hussein, J., Hodgson, T. J., King, R. E., Jackson, S. D., & Thoney-Barletta, K. A. (2016), The Journal of Business Forecasting, 35(3), 21–27.
- Inventory management research for the fashion industry
- Shen, B., Chan, H.-L., Chow, P.-S., & Thoney-Barletta, K. A. (2016), International Journal of Inventory Research, 3(4), 297–317. https://doi.org/10.1504/ijir.2016.10003358
- On the economic lot scheduling problem: stock-out prevention and system feasibility
- Hanson, B. B., Hodgson, T. J., Kay, M. G., King, R. E., & Thoney-Barletta, K. A. (2015), INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF PRODUCTION RESEARCH, 53(16), 4903–4916. https://doi.org/10.1080/00207543.2015.1005246
- Advertising and Financial Analysis of Cotton Sustainability in Apparel Lines
- Investigation of Low Percentage Fixation Mechanism (Causes) for Reactive Dye Digital Printing
- Supply Chain Decision Making in Incorporating Cotton Performance Technologies into an Apparel Line
- Logistics of Closed Loop Textile Recycling: 2nd Year
- Logistics of Closed Loop Textile Recycling
- Logistical Models for Closed Loop Recycling of Apparel and Technical Textiles
- Logistical Model for Closed Loop Recycling of Textile Materials
- Developing a Comprehensive Cost Model in Sourcing Products
- Proposed Collaboration Between the College of Textiles (COT), NC State University and Textile Training & Service Center (TT&SC) & Clothing Industry Training Institute (CITI) of the Democratic Socialist Republic of Sri Lanka
- Plant Floor Scheduling Systems in a Lean Environment