- Phone: 919.515.6947
- Email: email@example.com
- Office: 2324 Nelson Hall
Bill Rand examines the use of computational modeling techniques, such as agent-based modeling, machine learning, network analysis, natural language processing, and geographic information systems, to help understand and analyze complex systems, such as the diffusion of information, organizational learning, and economic markets.
He also works to develop methods, create pedagogy, and build frameworks to allow researchers and practitioners to use analytics and data-intensive methods in their own work.
He has received funding for his research from the NSF, DARPA, ARL, Google, WPP, and the Marketing Science Institute. His work has been published in JM, JMR, IJRM, Management Science, and JOM.
He received his doctorate in Computer Science from the University of Michigan in 2005 and prior to coming to NC State was at the University of Maryland for eight years.
- Social Media
- Machine Learning
- Agent-based Modeling
- Digital Marketing
|Ph.D.||Doctor of Philosophy in Computer Science||University of Michigan||2005|
Discover more about Bill Rand
- Bill Rand’s New Tool Explores Brand Performance (Feb. 25, 2021)
- Bill Rand Gives Expert Advice on Gas Rewards Credit Cards (Feb. 12, 2021)
- New Business Analytics Initiative Combines Data, Innovation, Leadership (Aug. 31, 2020)
- Professor Bill Rand: Understanding Complex Networks, Data-driven Decisionmaking (May 23, 2019)
- Nine Poole College Faculty Receive Summer Research Awards 2019 (April 15, 2019)
- Poole College Professors Recognized for Research and Teaching (April 12, 2017)