Biological and Agricultural Engineering
- Phone: 919.515.5843
- Email: email@example.com
- Office: 266 Weaver Labs
- Website: https://sites.google.com/view/agbio-logistics/home
Daniela Jones is a research assistant professor in the Biological and Agricultural Engineering Department at North Carolina State University and holds a Joint-faculty appointment with Idaho National Laboratory. At NC State, she is the Data Science Academy Director of Agricultural Analytics; Director of the Agricultural Data Science Certificate; Office of Research and Innovation Faculty Fellow; Graduate Faculty of the Operations Research Program; Faculty Fellow of the Center of Geospatial Analytics; Faculty Affiliate of the Southeast Climate Adaptation Science Center; and Faculty Affiliate of the Agricultural Biotechnology In Our Evolving Food, Energy, and Water Systems NSF Research Traineeship Program.
She interned at Idaho National Laboratory and collaborated with multidisciplinary teams at Oak Ridge National Laboratory through her work on biofuels and renewable energy. Before this role, she was a postdoctoral associate at Duke University, where she performed quantitative and qualitative research on student interventions and supported the programming of educational, career development workshops and community development events for underrepresented undergraduate and graduate students in the biosciences.
Building on Jones’s operations research experience applied to the agricultural-based energy sector and her desire to promote environmentally friendly energy sources, she continues to develop mathematical models and solution algorithms to solve large-scale problems that arise in the areas of transportation, logistics, and renewable energy systems. She focuses on simulation and optimization of the entire supply chain (including, harvesting, pre-processing, storing, and delivering) for biomass as a feedstock for cost-effective production of fuels, products, and power.
|Ph.D.||Doctor of Philosophy in Biological and Agricultural Engineering||Texas A&M University||2017|
|MSIE||Master of Science in Industrial Engineering||Mississippi State University||2012|
|BSIE||Bachelor of Science in Industrial Engineering||Mississippi State University||2009|
Honors and Awards
- Full-Season sweetpotato data lifecycle analysis: stakeholders engagement, sensors, and yields.
- A Review of the State of Technology of Bioenergy Carbon Capture and Storage (BECCS)
- Release No. 1 under BMA 255742
- DSFAS-AI: Agricultural DECision Intelligence moDEling System for huMan-AI collaboRative acTion Elicitation and impRovement (DECIDE-SMARTER)
- A Framework to Enhance NCÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢s Natural Resources Through Sustainable Manure Nutrient Cycling and Export
- Sloan Scholars Mentoring Network
- A uniform-format herbaceous biomass feedstock: value-added Miscanthus from marginal lands to improve rural economies in NC
- Cultivating A Resilient Workforce By Integrating A Culturally Competent Community Of Scholarship & Data Science in Food & Agricultural Research
- Improving Crop Productivity and Value Through Heterogeneous Data Integration, Analytics, and Decision Support Platforms
- Release No. 5 Under Blanket Master Agreement No. 161615 Battelle Energy Alliance, LLC (BEA)